Image Map

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Strawberry doughnut cake

While browsing Pinterest I found this amazing cake recipe and thought I would give it a go! It's way to pretty to not want to try!


The recipe was in grams and after some googling I got everything converted to measurements I could understand.

Strawberry 'Doughnut' Bundt Cake
(Adapted from this recipe, makes one small bundt cake or 6 cupcakes)

1/3 cup softened butter
1/2 cup white sugar  sugar
1 eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup self rising flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
A pinch of salt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup  strawberries, hulled and pureed

For the strawberry jam icing:
1 cup powdered sugar,
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup strawberry jam
A pinch of salt
Sprinkles, to decorate

Preheat oven to 320F and butter a bundt pan. Whisk strawberry puree in a medium bowl with sour cream and set aside. Beat butter and sugar in an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, then add vanilla extract. Meanwhile, mix flour and cinnamon into a bowl with a pinch of salt. With mixer on low speed, add half the flour mixture, then half the strawberry mixture. Repeat, then spoon mixture into cake pan. Smooth top, then bake until cake is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean  about 45-50 minutes. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then invert onto a rack and cool completely.

Place sifted icing sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add strawberry jam and salt and beat to combine. Use a spatula to ice the cake and top with sprinkles. Can be stored in an airtight container for a few days.


 
 
The sad thing about this was I was so proud at how pretty my cake turned out, and now that I look at my picture and compare it to this other bloggers picture I'm almost ashamed haha! I have got to work on my picture taking skills!
 
 
mop it up mondays

2 comments:

  1. I love making bundt cakes! I even got a small bundt cake pan (makes 6) recently. I bet this recipe would be fun in that pan. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that would be fun!! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you visit again!

    ReplyDelete