Image Map

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Carmel Apple Cake

Fall is near... I can taste it!

I'm so excited to fall, I can't hardly stand it. What's better than crisp cool mornings, beautiful mums, pumpkins and Carmel Apples (or is it caramel, who knows?!)!!

Carmel Apples are one of my favorite fall treats, so I thought I could make a cake to get my fall fever started!

I introduce to you the....

This cake is so easy to make! There's only 4 ingredients ya'll!




Ingredients:
1 (18.5oz) Box Yellow Cake Mix
1(21oz) Can Apple Pie Filling
2 Eggs, beaten
1 (12oz) Jar Carmel Ice Cream Topping
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.



In a medium bowl, combine dry cake mix, pie filling, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup caramel topping.

Using an electric or stand mixer, mix on low speed for one to 2 minutes. I wanted my apple chunks to be very small. If you want your apple chunks larger,be careful not to mix too vigorously.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Batter will be thick.

Bake for about 30-35 minutes.

Remove cake from oven and pour remaining caramel topping over warm cake.
Some of the caramel topping will go over the sides as you spread it out, that's ok!
The warm cake is going to absorb most of the sauce as it begins to cool.

Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This cake is best served straight from the oven, but it's good when reheated in the microwave.  I like it better warm than room temperature.

There ya'll have it!  Ready for fall, try this cake!!

Recipe adapted from
Gooseberry Patch- The Harvest Table







6 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I love how easy it is, too...right up my alley! Found you via Thursday Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh lord. this looks dangerously delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up at The Weekly Creative!! We'd love for you to come over to our newest link party: at The Inspiration Network: DELISH- a desserts only link party. Bring your desserts and let's party!!
    http://theinspiration-network.com/delish-dessert-link-party-no-1/

    Smiles,
    Melanie and Diana
    The Inspiration Network

    ReplyDelete