Image Map

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Guess What I Got....

This weekend has been one for the books! My weekends are not normally exciting enough to do a weekend post but I have to share what all has happened this weekend. I didn't get off work til 8 on Friday, so we will just skip over that day.  On to Saturday!

Saturday morning, My boyfriend and I got up super early and went to the drag strip. A big event was going on and there was tons to do at the park. We watched an LS engine swap, some autocross, looked at some good cars, and watched a whole lot of drag races.
 
 
Once we were to hot and tired to be there any longer, we headed home so I could check the mail. And there it was...

My new Canon DSLR was sitting on the front porch, I absolutely love it. Thanks to my boyfriend, I got it way sooner than I had plan on purchasing one. So to celebrate the new arrival, I spent the rest of the day taking pictures.

  









I still have so much to learn, and I can't wait. A macro lens came with the camera but I believe I'm going to need a wide angle lens too, any one want to buy me one??? haha Sunday was jam packed and I was so busy I didn't take any decent pictures. I do have a funny story to share. Boyfriend's tractor tore up so as he was working on pulling it home, I was goofing off on the four wheeler. It began to sprinkle and I high tailed it to the house. One I got to the house I parked the four wheeler under some trees so I wouldn't get soaking wet and waited for him to make it back to the house. While I was waiting, bugs started swarming around me. I didn't think much about it, swatted a time or too and decided to get off before those bugs started biting. Once I got a few feet away from the four wheeler I started watching this swarming and realized I parked the four wheeler in a huge yellow jacket nest. Yup that's right, leave it to me to park a four wheeler in a yellow jacket nest. At one point I bet there was 200 yellow jackets, if not way more on that four wheeler. After several hours, the four wheeler was still being swarmed but not as bad, so put the four wheeler in neutral and pulled it out from the nest. My boyfriend ended up getting stung but only once. I can't believe I didn't get stung multiple times.


1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I would love to have a new camera! In the meantime, it's point and click with my cellphone or Casio mini camera

    ReplyDelete