Image Map

Sunday, September 15, 2013

St. Jude Dream Home

I'm going to assume all you readers already know what St. Jude is. For those who may not, it is a children's research and treatment center for catastrophic diseases. It is well known for only accepting what the child's insurance will pay and not asking for a penny more. It currently costs 1.8 Million dollars a day for St. Jude to be open. Let me say that again, 1.8 MILLION DOLLARS A DAY.

Throughout all my school years, fundraisers were held every year to raise money for St. Jude. We had St. Jude jumpathons, St. Jude Mathathons and all sorts of other little fundraisers to help raise what little bit of money we could to  help out with St. Jude's daily costs.  I listen to the St. Jude radiothon for hours and cry the whole time.  Several years ago two middle school aged children from my hometown were both diagnosed with the same type of leukemia.  They were both treated at St. Jude and both were able to live a few years longer thanks to the treatment at St. Jude. 

Another great way money is raised for St. Jude is by a Dream Home Giveaway.  With this a very nice home is built and gave away with no compensation for the contractors. I believe this has been done for 7 years now, but this is my first year actually touring the home and I must say, I am amazed. Tickets to be entered to win the Dream Home are $100 each and several other prizes are also given away as well. Please click to enlarge the pictures, they look way better enlarged!














I wish I could have toured the home sooner, so I could have wrote a blog post before the giveaway was over but I toured it Wednesday night and have been on vacation since Thursday.  I will tour it earlier next year and hopefully will be able to raise a few additional dollars for St. Jude through my post!

Linked up: With a Blast, Show me What you Got, Take A Look Tuesdays, You're gonna love it
The weekly Creative
Happy Hour Friday
Show and Tell Friday

1 comment:

  1. I love St. Jude, it is a wonderful organization that had done outstanding things for children and their families.

    ReplyDelete